Saturday, February 16, 2019

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Yellow


In addition to having a problem with collecting fabric...there is a tiny little issue with Tea Towels.  Don't the lemons just scream Spring???  I still have a few from my grandmother's stash that she made from feed sacks.

Kelly Girl Quilt:  The yellow hexagons are attached except for the three at the bottom and a few black/white. This has been a great on-the-go project and is so relaxing.

String Blocks:  Four 5 1/2" yellow/gold strings.  No problem finding enough strings to whip these up.

Linking up with Angela at the 2019 Rainbow Scrap Challenge/Scrap Happy Saturday.

6 comments:

maggie fellow said...

the hexagons look great with the print border

Frog Quilter said...

Love the black and white hexies next to the yellow. Any words of wisdom for a just retired person?

Cathy said...

That lemons dish towel is to die for! We used to have a lemon tree in our backyard when I was growing up in California. And I love your string blocks, because yellow strings, on my Make List too, are so happy!

Jenny said...

I have to admit to more than my fair share of tea towels as well. Often buy even more when we are on holiday, so we will never run short! Pretty yellow blocks you have made.

Angie said...

I have a weakness for tea towels, too! I have a couple that just scream "Medallion quilt", but getting started is the hard part.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE that lemon YELLOW tea towel (and your quilt blocks for the RSC, too!!)