Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Scrap Control Update


With Thanksgiving around the corner, I'm sharing my little turkey (still needs feet).  A tiny dent in the scraps.


A "Quilt for Kids" start - rainbow colors of 6 1/2" squares.  A couple of borders and then done.


Another "Quilts for Kids"  using blocks left over from a Family Quilt made in 2015 -- just enough for a small quilt and reduction of orphan blocks.  My goal for "Quilts for Kids" (Baton Rouge Chapter) is almost done - most are quilted, bound and ready for delivery.  Pictures as soon as the last binding goes on.  

Next goal .... Our guild was introduced to the  Petite Bijoux Project, who is collecting quilts 24" square, 36" square or 36" X 45" -- or sizes close to this, for babies in the Terrebonne General Hospital NICU Unit.  


New scrap/stash project:  I have a huge stash of stripes and dots ... to add variety, we had a fabric exchange this year with our guild .... more stripes and dots.  One of our members, Lynn had a program making a quilt with a small half-seam block (6" finished) - such a versatile block.     Then I came across the same block using stripes and dots, called Sticks and Stones by Pamela Dinndorf.    I fell in love and quickly purchased the pattern - although I did enlarge the block to 12".  If I make 35 blocks, it will size up to a twin bed.

1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Ooh I really like your stripes and dots quilt. How nice you were able to get more variety from your quilt guild friends.