Friday, November 16, 2018

Quilts For Kids


These eight (8) quilts are being donated through our guild to the Quilts for Kids (Baton Rouge Chapter)    The Pinwheels above were hiding in my B'Box (Box of Blocks), waiting for the perfect little project.  Finished size:  38" X 44".


Using left-over "Chunks" (those scraps too large to cut up), I was able to create a little Rainbow Quilt and I had this little scrap of Zebra print perfect for the inside border.  Finished size:  38" X 44".


Twin patch quilts from "Chunks".  Finished size:  38" X 44".


Another Rainbow quilt -- those little fish fit in perfectly.  Finished size:  38" X 44".


Nine-patches left over from a "Southern Sky" made a few years ago - I still have more!  Finished size:  38" X 50".


I hope this one goes to a little boy -- there are bright colors and football fabric all over.  Then I had this small piece of Tiger Fabric that was just enough for backing and binding.  Finished size:  40" X 50".


Nine patches and squares left over from a Family Quilt I made in 2015.  The good news, I have improved my "Machine Binding" - what a task - but, this girl still loves to hand bind.  Finished size:  41" X 44"

In early 2018, I shopped an estate sale about a mile from my home and loaded up my stash with backing fabric for young kids and Quilts of Valor.  I hope she is watching from above and pleased the fabric is going for a good cause. 

Linking up with Sarah, Confessions of a Fabric Addict! Whoop Whoop!

3 comments:

Lisa England said...

Wow, what a wonderful collection of quilts! I'm sure the children will enjoy them. I agree with you about binding -- I enjoy doing it by hand -- but I've also worked to get better at doing it by machine because I know some charities prefer it. In the past I have sometimes stitched binding down by hand and then stitched it again with the machine, not very efficient LOL!

Vicki in MN said...

Great quilts for kids and I am sure the fabric owner is smiling and cheering you on!

Karen said...

Lots and lots of beautiful quilts for comfort. You have been busy using your scraps. Bless you for the gifts of love.