Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Good Fortune Mystery Quilt


On Black Friday 2018, Bonnie Hunter, of Quiltville Fame, introduced the first of many clues to her annual Mystery Quilt, called Good Fortune.  Although the clues wrap up in January, it has taken me time to bind, label and deliver to the new owner.


The border is a little different from Bonnie's original design only so I could enlarge the finished size and add something original to my finish.  Bonnie offers a downloadable Good Fortune pattern for this scrappy gem, with detailed instructions and photos.  

For those wanting to participate in the 2020 Mystery, stay tuned and follow Bonnie Hunter's blog "Quiltville's Quips and Snips.  .  She will provide fabric requirements long before the first clue is introduced.  You can also find her on Facebook "Quiltville Open Studio", or Instagram. 





 

6 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

Wow. Great borders and great finish!

Barbara said...

I love what you did with the borders! Congratulations on the finish.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Very pretty quilt, love the borders. It's always fun to take a pattern and make it your own. Happy stitching!

karenbbsnow said...

Beautiful finish, such pretty borders!!

Debbie said...

Absolutely love your Bonnie Hunter Mystery. Your additional borders really make it and I like the contrast it provides. Congratulations! Hooray for you!

Kathy S. said...

Oh I love those pinwheels futtering around in your border! Amazing finish. Glad yours (and mine) are no longer mysteries and are finished quilts. I'm so excited I found your blog. Consider me a stalker... ah I mean follower. Ha ha.