Friday, November 30, 2018

Charity Finish


Wrapping up year end charity quilts, this orange/hot pink modern quilt was an exercise in an off-the-cuff design.  Looking through my strips, I realized there was an abundance of oranges in the 4 1/2" Box.  The modern triangle fabric had a variety of oranges and hot pinks, so it worked perfectly for the zig zag accents.  From piecing to binding, this 48" X 60" quilt was done in 2 days.

Our Cane Cutter Quilt Guild's Helping Hands program, provides quilting comfort to several organizations.  This year, we were able to provide each child of the Louis Children’s Crisis Center a lap quilt and extra for the turnover of additional incoming residents.  This center offers therapeutic shelter for abused and neglected children. 

Linking up with Sarah, Confessions of a Fabric Addict....Whoop Whoop!

4 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is just too cute!!! Love the colors you used too!

Vicki in MN said...

The design is great-do you have a pattern or going to do a pattern of it? I think it would work wonderful for donation quilts. I really want to make some more next year!

Amelia Quilter said...

I would love a tutorial on this one! I have lots of scraps I am
trying to deal with and this would be great! Thank you!

Run 'n Stitch said...

I love the aqua, pink and white triangle accent fabric with the oranges.