Sunday, September 9, 2018

Summer Wedding Quilt - Show & Tell

It is always exciting to see someone making one of my patterns -- Summer Wedding, published by Black Cat Creations, has been very popular lately and I have permission to share four "Summer Weddings" by three quilters.

First up -- Susan Shaffer.  The Love Birds and Heart centered on the wedding gift made an elegant version.  Susan is a member of our local guild, so I was thrilled she selected this pattern.  Susan and her family own the Ardoyne Plantation here in Louisiana, therefore her eye for romantic southern charm is always reflected in her quilts.



Next we have Mihaela Moreno, who chose the scrappy version.  If you look close, there are pops of color all over.  On the close-ups, we can see the lovely swirls used in her quilting design.





The last two quilts were both made by Pamela Henya, a quilting celebrity, who is a Featured Quilter at the Heartland Kentucky Quilt show coming up this weekend in Elizabethtown, Kentucky.  Pamela also let me know she has a THIRD Summer Wedding in the works.  With her last name "Henya", I can see why she likes the "H's".  




For more exciting quilts in the works, new patterns and Show & Tells, please join our little Black Cat Creations Facebook Family.  




1 comment:

Vicki in MN said...

They are all just lovely! I really need to start one with all my scraps:)