Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Working on those Love Handles - Scrap Control Update


I have several large bins of different sized strips that have taken over my sewing room and closet.  I have used up some of the  2 1/2", 1 1/2" and 3 1/2" strips for the Kitchen Sinks #1 & #2 (Kaleidoscopes).  Has there been a noticeable reduction????  Well .... the lids to the bins close now, BUT THOSE LOVE HANDLES ARE STILL BULGING!   

It's time to get serious and start a major reduction of those bulging bins - what better way than to use this cute little pattern called LOVE HANDLES, designed by Judy Dohrman, published by Black Cat Creations.  The cover photo has a light background of all one fabric -- but that won't help the bulging "Chunk" bin (those pieces  smaller than fat quarters, but not yet cut up). So, as you can see, there are different backgrounds for my blocks. 

My fabric choices will be on the Tropical Side -- after all, losing those LOVE HANDLES will help someone in a bikini (just not me) ....but how about a cute beach quilt?

 I also have these four Kaleidoscope blocks below from the left overs of Kitchen Sink #2 -- my thinking cap is on as to where they will end up (table topper, small wall hanging, baby quilt???)  For now, they will just hang around on the design wall.



1 comment:

Sarah Craig said...

I love the last picture - I think it would make a really interesting table runner just as it is! It might be a trick to bind it with all those weird edges, but wow, what a conversation piece! Now I need to go make a few more blocks and put one together myself....