Friday, August 31, 2018

Kitchen Sink Quilt #1 - Finished!


The first set of pictures were too dark, so there I was trying to beat the rain this morning.  Using everything but the "Kitchen Sink", the first Kaleidoscope quilt is done.  For this one, I used 3 1/2" strips and a 45 degree template.  The background is a pale pink, with alternating bright fuchsia.  


The finished size is 54" X 78".  The blocks finished at 6", (9) across and (13) down -- no border.


The binding, cut on a diagonal,  was a color coordinating stripe (i.e. all kinds of colors).  


Kitchen Sink #2 is on the frame and almost finished -- I have a 2" border and used alternating black and white block corners.  These blocks finished at 10".




4 comments:

Cathy said...

OMG, I love that finish! Congrats on a beautiful quilt! Now I’m going to add this to my list of Must Make’s.

KatieQ said...

I love how you used the pale pink background with the fushia. This is an amazing quilt.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congratulations on your fabulous finish! It is so beautiful! It reminds me that I have a bunch of kaleidoscope that need to be put together.

karenbbsnow said...

The pink background is lovely, gorgeous kaleidescope !