Sunday, January 14, 2018

On Ringo Lake, Licorice Whip, En Provence

On Ringo Lake -- Along with thousands of quilters, I have been working on my version of Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt.  I did not have a lot of the corals, but had plenty of reds, tans and grays.   All of my units are done, however making the blocks and sashing are being worked in between other projects.



Below is a baby quilt for a new little cousin in Katy, Texas, "Mia Cate" .... I went with one of my favorite patterns, "Licorice Whip", published by Black Cat Creations.  The 64" X 64" quilt is large enough for the baby to grow into.  All  basted and ready for quilting. 


And...below is my completed Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt from last year, En Provence.  This one stayed on the back of my sewing room door for months waiting to be quilted!  Finished just in time to start the New Mystery.


Although very cold outside, the sun was shining which made it hard to see the quilting design -- just simple swirls.




1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Your ORL quilt will be beautiful with those colors. I've never heard of the Licorice Whip quilt pattern before. I'll have to google it. Are you hand quilting it?

Looks like you're getting a lot done this year so far.