Saturday, March 12, 2011

"A Load of Scraps to Stars"

Stars Over Scott ... For several years I have joined border strips diagonally and cut away the excess. Those scraps have accumulated in a large shoe box which could no longer be closed. It was time to do something. I started cutting 6.5" squares from the white to off-white stash, cut them in half and started joining them to some of the cut-aways. Trimmed to 5 1/2" square, I then started playing with them on the wall. I'm done playing.
Before the borders, the top will measure 60 x 70. I will label each row and stack them on the side of my machine to join later. Actually, I probably have enough to do 3 more .... but the lid on the shoe box closes now, so it can wait.


Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict is hosting her weekly "Whoop Link Party", so I will join her and the others to share our projects.


13 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

yet once again, a beautiful creation! Love it!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What a great quilt! I also see you are making 'Roll Roll Cotton Boll' from Bonnie Hunter's site. So am I. Keep on quilting.

Amanda said...

It's beautiful! I love it!

Dora, the Quilter said...

I do like this setting, Jamie. It will hold the viewers interest for quite a while.

Kristen said...

Nice selection of scraps! They look beautiful together in that setting!

Linda said...

Love it!

Sarah Craig said...

How do you keep doing it, every time? I scroll down to the picture and I literally **gasp** - it's gorgeous!! You literally take my breath away.... I hope someday I can be as creative as you are!! Whoop whoop!!!

gailss said...

Wow...I knew just from the first pic that this was going to be a really nice quilt. Love it...now, let me see what I can find i my scrap box? Thanks for the update Jamie and great job.
Gail

pcflamingo said...

So simple and so stunning! I like that pattern a lot and have a shoebox of fabric I can use it on right now. Perfect timing!

Micki said...

That's a stunning setting! Where did you get the pattern from?
Micki

QuiltSue said...

What a clever idea to use those cut-offs.

Scrappy-Quilter said...

that is just beautiful! I love scrappy quilt and this one is new to me. great job

Paulette said...

Wow, all those were scraps from other quilts? Amazing--and beautiful!