Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Design Wall / Project


Finally, I am about to sandwich the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt, Carolina Christmas/Mardi Gras (www.quiltville.com). For the backing, I have this beautiful fabric (Christmas present to myself) designed by Tina Givens for Freespirit, Cloe's Imagination collection. I will layer the quilt on our big king size bed - while the sheets are washing. The bare mattress is nice and slippery for dragging the quilt to a tall table stationed at the foot of our bed for pinning. My husband Mike helps me with the dragging to keep the layers together. I guess you can say my sewing studio has overflowed into the master bedroom.





This is the quilt for our new great nephew (#6), LeeLyn, born February 8th in Texas. I have been a big fan of Jackie Robinson (www.animas.com) for years after taking a class with her back in 1999. She created this cowboy quilt for Fons and Porter's Kids Quilts, published in Summer 2009. The blue fabric at the top, has little cowboy boots perfect for a little boy. We have a great niece (#6) due this spring, in Texas....so I will be pulling fabric for her too. Wow -- a dozen! From my husband's side, we have 5 (2 girls and 3 boys)!

As you can see, my design wall moved to the table. My big design wall still as the 1/2 hexagons from the Quiltathon hosted by Judy Laquidara this past weekend.

For more "Monday Design Wall" projects, visit Judy's site at www.patchworktimes.com.

1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

I love your Mardi Gras blocks! And the backing fabric is really cool!