Saturday, December 17, 2022

Introducing - Aurora Sails Quilt Pattern


*New Pattern Release*
Size:  70" X 94" 
Designer/Maker:  L' Fair Quilts


It started with this quirky little sail block, then I added color upon color and compatible shapes.  The Aurora Sails Quilt Pattern , published by Black Cat Creations, is now my new favorite to make.  Sometimes a pattern comes along that is just plain hard to get through ... you love the quilt, just not fond of the process.  I LOVED the process.  There is enough variety not to become bored and comes together with ease. 

The Cover Quilt uses a Moda Fabric line, Ombre Metallic Confetti by Vanessa Christenson. Cutting into this fabric bundle was such a joy, with a surprise always around the corner as the blocks were sewn.  


Size:  46" Square 
 
A smaller version, using a showstopper focal fabric from Maywood Studio, Veranda Collection.  I wish I had purchased more when the line came out, because this quilt would have been much larger. The green  fabric is from designer  Heather Mulder Peterson, Deck the Halls Line.  Perfect size for a table topper or crib.


Size:  22" Square

And....because I had such fun with the little Sail Blocks, I made a small BONUS wall hanging or pillow cover.  The fabrics were left over from the original quilt, Ombre Line.



 

1 comment:

delch81@gmail.com said...

Wow! I will put this one on my to do list! I am slowly getting my sew-jo back. Thanks for such great patterns.