Friday, October 21, 2022

New Pattern - In Motion Quilt


Introducing --- In Motion

I often talk about favorite blocks or vintage designs incorporated in my patterns.  The Irish Chain is one of those favorites, however I wanted something different using a wide variety of fabrics and/or scraps.  

The Motion in this design moves from right to left and uses large background pieces making the movement obvious.

Far Out! ... The Fat Quarter Shop * announced they were expecting a fabric line designed by Maureen McCormick!  My excitement to make this quilt using the Blooming Bunch Fabric Line by Maureen for Moda, was off the chart.  I grew up watching the Brady Bunch (as with many Baby Boomers) and felt the fabric calling me.  SO GROOVY!

The smaller version of In Motion, is using a stash of Aqua/Teals/Turquoise.  When I came up short on variety, I found a small shop on line called Cotton To Quilts  * who sells cute little bundles by color.  The Facets of Aqua / 20 fabrics 8-1/2" X 21" was perfect to fill the gaps. 

* No affiliation - just a fan.  

Pattern:  In Motion
Published by:  Black Cat Creations
Made/Quilted by:  L' Fair Quilts
Large Size:  82" X 92"
Fabric Line:  Moda, Blooming Bunch by Maureen McCormick
Small Size:  54" X 78"
Fabric:  Scrappy/ two color



 

1 comment:

Jannette said...

What a fantastic quilt! Love the colours you chose - and the movement created by the block layout keeps your eyes "on the move" as you follow the design.