Wednesday, October 26, 2022

New Pattern - Branching Out Quilt


Introducing - Branching Out

The art of trying something new, or expanding on what you know.  I am so in love with this pattern.  It is very unique and fun to put together ... and did I mention quick?  The best way to use up your Fat Quarter stash or bundles.  Although no longer available, some of the fat quarters came from a favorite line called "Frippery" by Thomas Knauer for Andover Fabrics (dated 2012).  Thank goodness I still have some left over!


How Branching Out started ... I have several overflowing Fat Quarter baskets.  I wanted to make a quick quilt for Hurricane Ida victims.  I started playing with different shapes on graph paper, then scraps.  The first sample I made above used brights and black & whites.  I played with the design, paring down a few pieces and wrote a pattern that I will forever be in love with.

The good news, it comes in four (4) different sizes.  But don't limit yourself, one block will make a perfect pillow cover, or one row makes a table runner.

Pattern:  Branching Out
Published By:  Black Cat Creations
Maker/Quilter:  L' Fair Quilts
Sizes Above:  60" X 78"
Other Sizes:
Lap/Crib:  42" X 52-1/2"
Full/Queen:  96" Square
King:  114" X 96"


 

1 comment:

delch81@gmail.com said...

I can't wait to make Branching Out! I have been on a quilting hiatus (not by choice), but soon.....Very soon this will be cut and ready to piece.