Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Love Handles - Top ready for quilting!


The "Love Handles" top is complete - I even weighed it....almost 2 pounds before batting/quilting!     The designer, Judy Dohrman (Black Cat Creations), used one fabric for her sashing and large border, however I made a  piano key border to use as much of the scraps as possible.    All of the dimensions are the same as the pattern - except I have gone totally scrappy.  


I am so happy with this colorful project -- Judy's blocks were so much fun to make.  Each block had its own unique personality.   My long arm has been busy lately with charity quilts, which means the Love Handles will need to wait her turn.

And....since this is the first Wednesday of the month, its time for sharing with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict (who keeps many of us accountable in the war against overflowing scrap buckets).

5 comments:

Cindi said...

Great job! I love it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, how lovely!! Your newly completed quilt top is positively SCRAPALICIOUS!!

Barb Neiwert said...

What a great pattern for scrappiness! Your quilt is beautiful!

sophie said...

It’s so interesting to see the quilt on the pattern envelope next to your scrappy, colorful interpretation. Love it!

gayle said...

I love that piano key border! Really sets off those blocks!