Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Scrap Control Update and Charity Quilting


Off the design wall and on the long arm, this charity quilt is almost done and ready for delivery to our  Helping Hands Program.   Our local guild, Cane Cutters,  has a large membership who make quilts for local children's homes, women's shelters and  Quilts for Kids.  

Quilts for Kids, Baton Rouge Chapter, transforms donated, discontinued and unwanted fabrics into patchwork quilts that comfort children with life threatening illness and children of abuse. Volunteers in Baton Rouge kit the quilts (except for batting) and distribute them for completion.  

Because I have a long arm, I am able to sew 3-4 backings together and load them on the frame at one time.   The three quilts below are fresh off the long arm and ready to send back to the makers, who attach the bindings.  After they are finished, they are collected by our local guild coordinator who delivers them to Baton Rouge.  





My next Scrap Control Project will be working on my "Love Handles" .  My strips have been cut, backgrounds are pulled and several bobbins are wound.  Can't wait to start chain sewing!!


I follow along with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, who helps us stay accountable to the growing scrap bins.  





2 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Don't cha just love getting all those quilts off the frame at once! I put on yardage for my table runners whenever I can and whip right through several at once.

Sarah Craig said...

I love being able to load backing once for several quilts! It makes the whole job go so much faster...