Friday, March 23, 2012

H2H Pattern -- No Name Yet

It's Friday and time for an update on my H2H Quilt Challenge. Along with a few instructions you can use to make the same quilt (no details -- I am using scraps). My choice for colors -- all brights (orange, yellow, purple, green and blue) with a black background. Since I have all the squares and HST's done, I will start here.

Finished size units -- 4 1/2", unfinished 5"

Black Squares:
(18) 5" squares

Half Square Triangles:
(14) 5" Black/Orange Scraps
(10) 5" Black/Green Scraps
(14) 5" Black/Yellow Scraps
(10) 5" Black/Purple Scraps

My favorite method for HST's is using the "Easy Angle II" cut from 5" strips.


Here is my progress so far --- actually this is more than I expected since they are coming together using Bonnie Hunter's "Leaders and Enders" for another project I am working on.

And .... here will be the finished pattern.

Sarah from Confessions of a Fabric Addict is hosting the Hands 2 Help Challenge and a Friday link up. This is Sarah's second year for hosting a charitable collection of quilts for worthy causes which you can read about here. The pattern and quilt above is my contribution to Sarah -- I just need to find the perfect name, which is harder than designing the pattern.

4 comments:

Kat said...

Your quilt is coming together so nicely! Don't feel bad about not having a name yet... I didn't even choose a pattern yet :-)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a striking pattern! Just wonderful.

Sarah Craig said...

I love it, Jamie! How about something like "Hands Around The World" for a name? Remember the picture of hands linked around the globe that was popular back in the 70's? And it's definitely an international challenge!

Quiet Quilter said...

Great pattern! Makes me think of Aztec or Indian- Geronimo....