Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Design Wall



This week was dedicated to quilting tops. In between, I pulled out the 2" strip drawer which is totally over flowing. Bonnie Hunter (http://www.quiltville.com/) has a great selection of patterns to use scraps, so I am using her 16-patch with pinwheels.




I am looking forward to coming home tonight to start piecing black/gold blocks. Our own New Orleans Saints Team is going to the Super Bowl. I doubt very few schools or businesses will get much work done today. As you can see, I have a huge collection of black and gold fabric. I will have two weeks to make sofa quilts for a couple of family members and one baby boy due very soon. GO SAINTS!

7 comments:

Diane said...

I like the 16 patch and pinwheels. Looking forward to seeing your black and gold quilts! You sure your not making Steeler quilts. :) What a game, huh? I was yelling at the tv at the end.
I'm a Steelers fan (born, raised and still here in the 'burgh)but our season went down the drain a while ago and I've been saying all along if we aren't in the superbowl I'd like to see the Saints and Colts since they were both undefeated for so long. fun fun.

Gari in AL said...

Wasn't that a good game? I don't usually pay much attention when football is on but last night I was rivited to the tube. Go Saints!!

Sharie - Moss Bluff said...

I like your quilt. I watched the game also. I could hardly stand to sit down. Thank heavens for that coin toss (may not have made a difference, we will never know).

Quilter Kathy said...

Great scrappy quilt with the 16 patch and the pinwheel :)

Sharon T in Napa said...

I love that quilt! I will have to pull that one out for my "quilt a day" project and put it up for tomorrow. Come by my blog to see mine done. I LOVE scrappy, looks like you do too.

Amy said...

Bonnie Hunter has some really cute patterns. I like the colors in your blocks.

Bonnie said...

The 16 patch and pinwheels looks great. Isn't Bonnie Hunter's website awsome? Must be the name. lol