Sunday, April 27, 2014

H2H Challenge and Guest Host


On the wall -- my H2H Challenge Quilt. With just a few more rows to sew together, it will soon be heading to the quilting machine.  

If you have made your way here from Sarah's Confession of Fabric Addict ..... Welcome!  My name is Jamie Janow Elfert and I live about 50 miles South of New Orleans, in Houma, La.  By day, I work in Accounting .... and as a hobby, I am one of the quilt pattern designers for Black Cat Creations.  I would say that I am somewhere between a strong traditional quilter with some tendencies to float in and out of Modern. 

I am so honored that Sarah asked me to be part of her Challenge this year, as a guest host today. My Southern Color-Block Quilt is the second time used for the H2H Challenge, so it is only fitting that I share the pattern with our readers.  If you do use the pattern, please send me a picture and its story for sharing.  



Above is the 2012 H2H Challenge Quilt, which has three borders of black, orange and floral.  The quilt traveled to Sarah's then headed back to Louisiana for a Katrina survivor.  


The same year, I made a quilt for my new great niece Jolie (above modeled by her cousin Alexis). Jolie is now two years old, but she will be able to use this large version for many years to come.  


The latest version, was for my great nephew, Trevis, who plays baseball in Texas.  The quilt was used to raise money for their team.  I have actually made the same quilt two more times for my nephew and his brother, with orders for two more to come.  


My friend Gail's version is so handsome!  I love the plaids, which are perfect for a young boy/man.  The pillow shams are a great addition to the bed, which now makes me want to make them too.

Enjoy!





3 comments:

Linda said...

Great post as usual. Love all the quilts you made with this pattern.
Cookie in Mandeville

Kathy S. said...

Thank you so much for being a guest host for the H2H challenge. I now see one of these quilts on my bucket list! I blogged to spread the word today!
http://new2quilting.blogspot.com/2014/04/sarah-confessions-of-fabric-addict.html

Sarah Craig said...

I love all the different versions you showed on your post - they're all so wonderful! Thank you so much for being guest blogger - it's a wonderful pattern!!