Saturday, November 10, 2012

Orca Bay Finished

 I love this shot -- a combination of excitement and exhaustion!  From the left, Jamie (me), sisters Rayna and Phyllis and Miss Alice Anne, our late mother's life long friend (who also quilts).  As usual, the Festival did not disappoint.
 Bonnie Hunter's 2011 Mystery Quilt, Orca Bay is all done!  I only had the hand work, but I wanted it completely finished  before the 2012 Mystery Clues came out.
I am also heading over to Sarah's, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, to link up to her Whoop Party and join others who have projects on going and finished.

10 comments:

Lynette said...

Whoop! Whoop! I"m so jealous that you did an Orca Bay. Very nice one. :D

Mary said...

CONGRATS! the strings made me second guess again doing the BH Mystery. She promises NO STRINGS this year. Smallest piece is 2" Oh Boy! Clear the deck, it's almost time to start. 13 days and counting.

Sarah Craig said...

Oh, Jamie, that's fabulous!! I especially love that outer border.... WHOOP WHOOP!!

Paulette said...

It's beautiful! Look at all that piecing, wow. Great job getting it done before the next mystery starts.

Quiltjane said...

i just love that quilt and what a beautiful photo with your sisters and Miss Alice Anne

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Gorgeous Orca BAy quilt...just in time for the new one.

Linda said...

Awesome finish Jamie!It's wonderful. I still have to get mine quilted. Definitely won't get it done before the next one starts.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great finish! Now you're ready for the new mystery!!

Judy Hansen said...

Your Orca Bay is beautiful! I know what you mean about finishing up her older mystery quilts before this year's starts! I just put the binding on RRCB, and Orca Bay was finished last month, so I'm ready to roll again.

Quiltsmiles said...

What a nice photo of yoru family's quilting journey. Love that Orca Bay quilt, it's beautiful. Jane