Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What does the #55 mean to you?




  • A common speed limit is 55 MPH.
  • Those turning 55 this year, were born in 1955!
  • Hancock Fabrics has 15% Discount on the First Wednesday of each month for those 55 and older!
  • Those having at least 30 years of service AND 55 years old can retire where I work! hmmmmm -- I have more than that!
  • It was Deer Season Opening 55 years ago today in Columbus, Texas.
  • My Mom and Dad were very busy 55 years ago today (although Dad wanted to be hunting).
  • Famous people born in 1955 -- John Grisham, Kevin Costner, Reba McEntire, Connie Sellecca, Debra Winger, Bruce Willis......
  • Did I mention Hancock Fabrics 15% Discount for 55 and older, 1st Wednesday of each month?
  • Bottom Line -- I will have more disposible fabric income starting today -- especially if I can find more Senior Discounts! Don't get me wrong, I am not so much a tight-wad, as much as I am trying to make the best of this milestone day.



24 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! Also 55 is the new 35, right?

Tamera said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you have a wonderful attitude, so enjoy your day!

Loves to Quilt said...

Happy Birthday! Go kick your heels up!

LesQuilts said...

Happy Birthday!
I'm 55 too!
I'm working toward retirement too, !
Take care Leslie

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Great post! Happy Birthday!!

fancystitching said...

Happy birthday, Jamie! Treat yourself to something yummy to eat!

We are actually headed your way today, coming down to Houma to go fishing in the marshes.

Hope your day is a great one!
Kat

Teaquilts said...

Hsppy Birthday Jamie! Let me know what you got from Hancocks. lol

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday! And did you know you can get a senior discount coffee at McDonald's? Just in case you wanted to know ;-)

Denise :) said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!! I hope you have a marvelous day! :)

Char said...

Happy Birthday! I too turned 55 this year!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday! And I don't think liking a good deal means you're a tightwad at all! Hope you have a really great day!

xo -El

Judy D in WA said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!! Have fun being 55....it was a blast for me and went by too quick. :)

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! :-) Hope you have a fabulous day. If I were you, I definitely taken advantage of the Hancock's deal.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Jaime! Enjoy your trip to Hancock's tomorrow!

Granny said...

Happy Birthday. Hope you have a wonderful years!

Gwen said...

Happy Birthday! Order that longarm and celebrate!

Mary in NYC said...

Happy Birthday Jamie! I did get you a card but forgot to mail it:)

QuiltSue said...

Happy birthday. Have a great day.

Sarah Craig said...

Happy Birthday, Jamie! Do you have your AARP card yet? I just renewed mine.... I only got it under duress, after I found out I could get discounts on hotel rooms, etc. with it!!

Donita Q said...

Happy Birthday Jamie! I am also 55 born in 1955!

Pokey said...

Birthday blessings Jamie! Happy 55 from another "Red Hat" girl not too far behind you.

trish said...

I hope that your birthday was a very special one indeed. :o)
I am having a little sale myself if you would like to drop in. :o)
Thank you for following my blog. That is so sweet of you!
Sincerely - Tricia

Jeanne B said...

Happy Birthday! I'll be hitting this same milestone in one week and one day... Love the list you came up with!! Enjoy!

Quiltsmiles said...

A Very Happy Belated Birthday from another quilter further north who also just turned 55 just a week before you. Gla dto know about the discount at Hancocks, thanks.
Jane