Monday, January 31, 2011
Sunday, January 30, 2011
- Used (finished) this week, (7.1) yards
- Used Year to Date, (30.15) yards
- Purchased this week, -0-
- Purchased Year to Date, -0-
To see more stash reports for this 5th week, join Judy's party at Patchwork Times.
Friday, January 28, 2011
Here is mine -- all finished! A Red/Gold version of "Nicole's Journey". The pattern / tutorial is available, however there is a little difference. I added a 2" inner border and 6" outside border for fun. I have a HUGE collection of gold metallic fat quarters. Most of them came from our LQS, The Quilting Niche' when they have $1.50 fat quarter Saturdays.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Friday, January 21, 2011
Now, hopefully I will have the quilt below finished for next Whoop, Whoop Friday! Congrats Sarah -- see ya next Friday!
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Monday, January 17, 2011
Saturday, January 15, 2011
A close-up of the border reflects the angle piecing using a Dresden Ruler and 5 1/2" strips of several background fabrics. The center blocks were 6 1/2" foundation strings using a very simple method. I love all the piecing -- especially when they are scrappy!
Monday, January 10, 2011
I have most of the clues done for Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt, so I will soon be putting the blocks up as they are assembled. I found a few fellow bloggers who have aleady posted their version, so I am extra motivated to finish mine. I just LOVE scrappy!
For more Design Walls, visit Judy at Patchwork Times. I will be linking up with our host, and looking forward to see how others are doing.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
WHEW! I am finally done with the 600 HST's for Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt. I made one sample block, then put it aside. I need to finish Judy's Yellow Mono Challenge just enough to pull off the design wall to make room for Bonnie's BIG quilt. Since the Card Trick Quilt was delivered to the Quilting Niche' to be quilted on Debbie's Long Arm, I have counted it as done.
- Purchased this week, -0-
- Purchased Y-T-D, -0-
- Finished (Used) this week, (13.25)
- Net Busted YTD, (13.25)
For more stash reports -- visit Judy at Patchwork Times, where I will be linking up tonight.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Monday, January 3, 2011
My strip drawers are kept by color, so when one drawer becomes hard to close, I make a few blocks (mini tutorial for mess free paper foundations). Below is another sample of how a few blocks of reds, greens and blues ended up being an 85 x 85 quilt. I added blacks and the two toned blocks as the "Card Trick" design evolved. The top is done, along with the pieced backing. My family and co-workers gave me gift certificates to our local quilt shop (The Quilting Niche'), so I will let Debbie's Long Arm take care of this one.
For more Design Walls, Judy at Patchwork Times is hosting a weekly Link-up. I can't wait until tonight so I can browse everyone's work.
Sunday, January 2, 2011
- To reduce my stash by at least 150 yards (only counting when the project is finished). My 2010 Goal was 100 - I touched it for one week, then finished the year at busting 89.9 yards -- oh well.
- To donate 25 pillowcases for the local Hospice.
- To donate 5 lap quilts for the local Hospice.
- To donate 2 large quilts for the local 2011 Relay for Life.
- To donate 1 large quilt for a local Breast Awareness Group.
- To continue making quilts for co-workers who retire (one will be looking for a "Saintly" Football Quilt).
- To participate in three Quilt Challenges: Judy's Monochromatic Quilt Challenge, finish Bonnie's 2010 Mystery Quilt Challenge, and a local "Same Fabric" Challenge.
- To continue making a quilt for Christmas Eve at work - a tradition started in 1998. Those who come to work on that day, we put their name in a cup and draw. So far, no one has won twice.
- And most important, to make as many family quilts that I can.
Week #1, Stash Report
- In, -0-
- Out, 1/2 yard
For other Stash Reports, visit our weekly "Link up" host Judy Laquidara at Patchwork Times.