Another unit starting with background and ending with background is needed -- total of 18 needed.
Because I used scraps -- after sewing the units, I spread them on the design wall to avoid same fabric squares close to each other. Then, I pulled them from the wall and sewed them together.
Above is a picture of the back of the 25-patch -- notice the layout -- background squares are in the four corners.
Next, cut 24 - 1 1/2" x 10 1/2" black strips to frame the 25-patch blocks. For the cornerstones, cut 24 - 1 1/2" squares from left-over strips.
Because I have been home this last week, I spent a little extra time surfing on the net. I visited my favorites, but also discovered a few new sites I will be adding to my reading list. One site is Quilt Story, hosted by two sisters, Heather and Megan. This site is a little different -- a way to share tutorials. On Tuesdays, they have a linky get together -- so here is my first.
very cool!
ReplyDeleteLOVing the "Dance of the Tiger" quilt. And how timely....GEAUX TIGERS! (and YAHHH SAINTS!).
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy the secondary patterns that emerge. Cute 2nd square. I'm browsing the web a lot this week as well. Thanks for the link.
ReplyDelete