Monday, January 15, 2018

Monday Blues.....

First, I have to admit....I am not a Football fan. However, our NOLA Saints were playing an important game yesterday.  I gathered all my chain piecing to finger press in front of the TV and keep my hubby company.  First half, it was not going well -- I felt like I had jinxed them (after all, I had not watched a game this season).   So I gathered up my little pieces and headed back to my sewing room.



During the game I added a few of the sashing units to the wall, just to preview "On Ringo Lake" mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter (Quiltville)...then went back to check on the game...still not going good.


Then the second half of the game the Saints started happening!  I stayed put .... needed to finish quilting this baby quilt for "Mia Cate".


Quilting done on "Licorice Whip" (64" x 64",  Black Cat Creations)...ready for binding.  Then it was time to check on the Saints game....


OMG, my husband was beside himself.  The Saints were winning with only seconds left -- I sat down and tearfully watched as the Vikings made a touchdown and won the game.  I looked over at my husband and he was in a trance.  I scurried out as fast as I could before he came out of it.  Whew, just in time.  The Times Picayune headlines, "Expletive, Expletive, Expletive" about sums it up.

This morning, my son and husband went hunting -- those poor ducks!


3 comments:

AnnieO said...

Pretty choices for ORL. Loved your football story!

Sarah Craig said...

Had to laugh at your football story - it was a lot like that here during the Titans game....

Vireya said...

I like your Ringo Lake colours. It will be a beautiful quilt.

The Licorice Whip pattern is lovely. It is good to have a design you can put together quickly, but that looks so striking.