Friday, September 8, 2017

Retirement Quilt for Mary

About a month ago, I was notified of the retirement plans of someone very special.  It took me 2 seconds to decide the color theme (anything with red -- reminding me of her beautiful red hair) and pattern, an Irish Chain variation that highlights the red/yellow/white fabrics.




Just a note about Mary...she has been a dedicated government employee of more than 37 years, which included many years as a manager.  While I watched Harvey hit my home state of Texas and now watching Irma approaching Florida, my thoughts and prayers are also with the dedicated government employees who walk away from their family to keep us safe (from public safety to public works to all the support staff).  Mary is one of those employees....an important player in a huge team.  Best wishes Mary for your well deserved retirement.


5 comments:

Ramona said...

What a wonderful gift you made for your friend. I love the reds and yellows together. Beautiful.

Karen said...

Beautiful quilt. I love how simple blocks makes the most amazing quilts.

UplayOnline said...

I love the reds and yellows together. Beautiful.


ทางบ้าน

Louise said...

What a great quilt! I'm sure Mary will always treasure it. You're right, there are many government employees who throw their heart into their work, making the US better every day!

Sandy Panagos said...

That is a beautiful quilt. She looks like she is very happy with it!