Sunday, September 24, 2017

Ladies Night Out - 2017

Once a year, Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center, Terrebonne General Medical Center, in Houma Louisiana hosts the "Ladies Night Out Gala", to raise funds and awareness.  This is the 5th year that I have donated a quilt representing breast cancer awareness.

For several years, I have been collecting "pink" fabric from every quilt shop that I visit, on-line shops and exchanges.  As a scrappy quilter, the larger the variety I can pull from, the happier I am with the outcome.


This year has touched my family directly, with my husband diagnosed with cancer and subsequently treated by Mary Bird Perkins.  When I started this in 2013, I never dreamed this would happen....which has made me more determined to submit the quilts annually.


"Have Faith" is the modern pattern above representing 2017.  Below are the previous years that quilts were donated.


Top left:  "Stars Over Scott" /2013, top right: Black Cat Creations/"Thunderbirds"/2015; bottom left, Black Cat Creations/"Mandalay"/2016 and bottom right, Bonnie Hunter's, Quiltville Mystery Quilt/2014.



4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a nice quilt - I hope your husband has responded to treatment

Melody A. said...

Gorgeous quilt! I have tried to find the pattern. Is it yours? I hope your husband is doing well and his good health will be restored. thank you for giving of your time and skills and creations to a worth cause that helps many people. take care from Iowa

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

Melody, could not answer your email, you left a "no-reply" comment. Sorry.

Karen said...

Beautiful quilt. I love the pattern. Prayers of healing for your husband.