Wednesday, August 9, 2017

I Wish You A Merry Quilt-A-Long, Block #1

My sister Phyllis and I jumped on the Christmas Sampler Project called "I Wish You A Merry Quilt-A-Long", hosted several Bloggers.    The quilt-a-long started on August 1st, with new blocks introduced every other Tuesday.  With the HUGE collection of Christmas Fabric we have accumulated.  Block #1 was designed by Vanda at Quilt In Piece.  


Neither of us have a lot of experience with applique', so this was a perfect start.  Mine is on the left (low volume) and Phyllis' is on the right.




We started with lining up those little boogers -- we pressed in horizontal, vertical and diagonal reference lines on the background to place the larger rays, double checked with a ruler and then took pictures with our phones to make sure they did not look drunk.  Then we added the smaller rays, pressed and set the Heat-N-Bond.


Last step was to applique with a thin zig zag using my favorite light weight thread, "Glide", which has a perfect sheen.  Glide is also my favorite quilting thread.


Christmas quilt-a-long with free block patterns





3 comments:

Lynette said...

Wow!! That is a super cool snowflake block. It must have been a bit crazy getting the alignment established, but it's so pretty.

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

It looks wonderful! I love applique', machine applique' specially!

UplayOnline said...

It looks wonderful! I love applique', machine applique' specially!


ทางบ้าน