Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Memories, New and Old


It's beginning to look like Christmas (at least in the foyer).  Lighting is shadowed by the amber globe.


New:  The Red / Beige Quilt I just finished just for me!
Not too new:  A crochet Christmas Tree sitting on top of a large Sprite Bottle filled with string lights. I have made at least a 100 of those trees over the last 35 years (Still have the December 18, 1979 Woman's Day Magazine with the pattern).  In my lean years, I made them as hostess gifts sitting on top of cheap wine.
Old:  Mr. & Mrs. Santa Clause, made by my late mother in her ceramic days (1980)



A close-up of the quilting above.


Not so new (but not old), reindeer made by my friend Linda.
Very old:  My grandmother's chair -- LOVE that chair.


And....a shot outside on a very windy day ...... but the colors stand out much better. 

 I am busy finishing gifts and working on Bonnie Hunter's Mystery.   I spent the day at the Library with Quilting Friends finishing handwork on the bindings of three quilts (done!).  Time to link up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict (countdown time).

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

5 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love your new quilt, the beige is so lovely with the reds. Lovely setting.

Sarah Craig said...

Oh, wow, Jamie, your red and white quilt is amazing! I knew it would be good from the design wall shots, but it's even better than I imagined! Awesome! Whoop whoop!!

Karen said...

Your red and white quilt sparkles. Very lovely Christmas decorations.

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Your quilt is beautiful. It's nice to get one made just for yourself. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Would it be possible for me to get a copy of that crochet christmas tree pattern from you for my own use only. Thanks you, Dianne Newberry