Friday, April 18, 2014

Cowboy's need Quilts Too!


In January, Judy at Patchwork Times challenged her readers to a scrappy block project.  Well....I have scraps!  I have several HTSs ready to go!  And...I love scrappy.  So....here is the finished quilt top.  The red setting stars are made with cowboy fabric.  The cheddar yellows are scrappy too.


The finished top is 72" x 88" and is quilted with simple swirls (quick). I am hooked on Mad Men via Netflix, so the binding was leisurely done by hand (my favorite method).  I have tried the binding by machine, however I need more practice.


Of course, the backing had to be something with a Western Theme....so in came the cowboy boots.



Sneak Peek!  With the H2H challenge going on at Confessions for a Fabric Addict, Sarah has invited me to guest blog and share one of my favorite "go-to" patterns.  Here are the fabrics, each chosen to compliment the other and a black contrasting Kona Cotton.  Sarah is also the host of  the "Whoop Whoop Friday" link up party...where many of us share our Finished and/or in progress projects...I am heading over there now to take a tour of those who are already there.

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

Your quilt turned out great!

Karen said...

I love the quilt. This is a great way to use up your scraps. I look forward to seeing what you will be sharing with H2H.

Peggyinno said...

Oh, Jamie, that came out great! Love the cheddar. I think I need to get some for my stash!

Kat Scribner said...

This is a wonderful quilt!

Sarah Craig said...

Oh, I love this quilt! It's so gorgeously scrappy… And I love the sneak peek of your guest post - can't wait to see what you've come up with!


Whoop whoop!!

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

StitchinByTheLake said...

Cute, cute, cute....love your cowboy quilt. :) blessings, marlene