Monday, September 24, 2012

Group Challenge and Eagle's Lake Finish


Once a year within our local Guild, The Cane Cutters, we have a challenge using one fabric-any pattern.  I especially enjoy coming up with a design using only my stash to coordinate and using as many colors as possible from the "one" fabric chosen.  Amazing how one piece of fabric evolves to so many different ideas. I am already looking forward to next year.


What a perfect time to reveal our quilts -- the beginning of Fall (unfortunately 90 degree weather here)-- the outside borders on my quilt above is the focus fabric.  I sprinkled it throughout the quilt, using rusts, yellows, dusty blues, greens and my Eagle's Lake Pattern, through Black Cat Creations.  This pattern comes together quickly with very little waste and is now my third color variation -- did I already mention "Quick"? Yep, it sure is worth mentioning twice.

6 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

'That is so gorgeous, Jamie! And I see those signature pinwheels!!

Rhonda Kennedy said...

That is beautiful. Doesn't look quick though. :)

scraphappy said...

What a great variety of quilts. So fun that they were all inspired by the same fabric.

Quiltjane said...

What a lovely quilt group. I love your design and it would come together quite quickly. I hope the weather cools down for you.

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Your quilt is just great. And I like everyone's elses too!

Unknown said...

Very love quilts. I love that. Very good variety of quilts so choose from. It's so hard to choose. They all look beautiful. Thanks so much!

boat loans