Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Design Wall - Oh Scraps!

Those cut aways from borders have been taking over the shoe box! My preference is to cut the borders length wise, but when I don't have enough, I cut the width of the fabric and piece them together diagonnally. For whatever reason, I like the 6 1/2" width. When I was sewing together the 10" squares for the back of the "Violet" Challenge (below on the right), I sewed together lots of triangles in between and threw some of them up on the wall.

Now, back to quilting tops!




For more design walls - visit Judy at Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

Mary said...

I just love playing with scraps too!

Vicki H. said...

Scraps are my favorite because you can make such cool blocks with unexpected things in them like the voilet! Looks great. My problem is I hate to throw out the itty bitty pieces but there comes a point when they need to go. I usually feel a little sad about it.

Sarah Craig said...

It feels so creative to make something out of stuff you would usually throw away!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

It is always so fun to play with scraps.......watch out for new UFO's though!

Heather said...

Gotta love scraps! Good thing, too, cause there seems to be an endless supply. LoL Have fun!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Be careful with those scraps - they multiply. Love the quilt on the wall.