Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Design Wall - Update on Kona Roll Project

After testing a couple of blocks using the white Califon (Mark Lapinski for Northcott), I have decided to stop at 30 blocks with the black -- 5 across and 6 down. I am still testing the center blocks - not sure which one I will be choosing. Because this is a great pattern to use up my stash, I will also make this later on using a more scrappy version ... and ... I will add the pattern to the L'Fair Inventory.

For now, I need to get back to quilting tops and making Christmas projects. Our local quilt guild is having the annual Christmas Luncheon on December 3rd, where our "Same Fabric Challenge Bee" will reveal our projects. This year, we used a fabric collection from Jackie Robinson. Next year, the group selected a fabric from the Sandy Gervais Collection by Moda.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is looking beautiful!

Gail said...

I'm always on the lookout for more contemporary (non-art) quilts for the teenagers in my life. I think this one fits the bill nicely. Great job!

Judy D in WA said...

Wow Jamie, this is great! I think the white pulls it all together nicely. You can't go wrong with black and white. :) I can't wait to see your scrappy version. A great way to use up random strips from my bin.

Michelle said...

Wonderful! It's a terrific design. I hope you'll share with us how you put the blocks together, because in studying it, I see no easy way to do that. Maybe I'm missing something?

Linda said...

What a cool quilt! Love the black fabric.