Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday Design Wall, August 16th



Not much on the design wall today...I am STILL quilting tops. SIX! throw size Short Stacks were donated by the Folklife Museum Bee for the Haitian Community, so I am trying to quilt at least one a week.


These are left overs from the quilt I made with the Awesome Layer Cake by Moda and scraps of "Fall Back in Time" by Moda -- which coordinated perfectly. Both fabric lines were designed by Sandy Gervais. I have no idea what size this will be or the final design. I may even throw in some applique, which is not my favorite.


For more Design Walls, visit Judy at Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

Tamera said...

You could put in some leaf blocks, either applique or pieced. You could use some orange/red/yellow batiks for the leaves and they should coordinate really well.

Denise :) said...

Wow -- I'm always in awe when I hear folks like you say you're trying to quilt one quilt a week. Nicely done! :)

Chris said...

It is fun to watch a quilt evolve. I find when I am not sure what to add, the quilt just tells me :)

Quilter Kathy said...

How fun to just start making blocks and figure out what you are making as you go along!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Leftovers make great quilts. And this one looks good. I didn't realze that you could make a quilt from a layer cake and have leftover fabric. I have hesitated to purchase one because I didn't trust the amount of fabric for the money!

glen

Miri said...

You can't ever go wrong with pinwheels and 4 patches! Looks great for the fall.

I've given you a Versatile Bloggers Award...I'm not sure you're into things like that but I thought it a good opportunity to introduce your blog to my readers.

Miri
http://milkandhoneyquilts.blogspot.com/2010/08/punch-needle-project-and-award.html