Monday, April 5, 2010

"Strip and Flips", Design Wall Monday

My design wall was busy this weekend. I needed to side-track away from quilting and play....those pesky strip scraps were beckoning again. In 2008 and 2009, I made four "Strip and Flips". When I shared the process with our guild, it became workshop projects. Our guild meets on the first and third Friday each month. The first Friday is our workshops -- bring anything you want to sit and sew.

This morning, I made the following two blocks to start the border for a baby quilt. I love these color combinations for little girls and may have enough for a whole baby quilt just from the scraps.




Saturday night, I pulled bright strips and whipped up this little kid's top for our Guild's "Helping Hands" committee.

The top will have two borders, 2 1/2" bright and 6 1/2" white.



I should be finished with the top when I get home from work. I will prepare a tutorial and share the "Strip and Flip" process tomorrow.
For more design walls, visit Patchwork Times hosted by Judy Laquidara.

4 comments:

Denise :) said...

Jamie, I love the colors/fabrics in your Strip & Flip top. Fun! I'll look forward to checking out your tutorial! :)

Diane said...

both quilts are great-love the colors.

Barb in Mi said...

How fun Strip & flip! The colors are just beautiful for spring!

Cathy said...

Jamie, such happy colours. I'm interested in the tutorial.